WE ARE SENIORS REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST®
The SRES® Designation demonstrates the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home.
AS AN SRES® REALTOR, WE WILL:
• Provide you with useful resources and information
• Help you understand the potential financial situations
• Be patient and understanding
• Help you understand federal laws concerning 50+ buyers
• Inform you of housing options and amenities available
The Latest News From AARP
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over. AARP also provides a wide range of unique benefits, special products, and services for our members. These benefits include AARP Web site at www.aarp.org, “AARP The Magazine,” the monthly “AARP Bulletin,” and a Spanish-language newspaper, “Segunda Juventud.“ Learn more at www.aarp.org
Find Senior Living Communities, Assisted Living Facilities and Senior Care Near You. Learn more at www.seniorliving.org
National Association of Senior Move Managers
HOPA (Housing for Older Persons Act)
1. Qualified Housing for Older Persons
2. 55+ housing – 80% of units must be occupied by at least one person aged 55 or older per unit.
3. The facility must publish, and adhere to, policies and procedures that demonstrate the intent to provide housing for older persons.
4. Residents’ ages must be verified through reliable surveys or affidavits.
5. No programs of planned activities are required for either 55+ or 62+ housing.