Effective Date: December 18, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THIS APPLY TO?
This Policy applies to Personal Information collected through the Service. It covers how we may collect, use, store, share, disclose, and otherwise process such Personal Information as of the date that this Policy is effective. This Policy does not apply to any other information collected by us through any other means, including through third parties.
“Personal Information” is defined in this Policy as information that identifies or can identify you personally and, among other relevant data, may include your:
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Location via IP address
- Device being used to access the Service
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Personal Information you provide to us when you use the Service. We collect the Personal Information you provide directly to us through the Service, including when you create your account, provide contact information, and send other Personal Information to us through the Service. We may also upload your contact or other Personal Information into the Service if you provide that information to us offline or in other ways. Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we may collect certain non-Personal Information about how you use the Service.
When you use the Service, we may collect the following Personal Information about you:
- Real Estate Preferences. We may collect information on your real estate searches and preferences when you use the Service, including about whether you plan on buying or selling real estate, home search criteria, information about financing for the purchase of real estate, and other information related to the purchase or sale of real estate.
- Devices and Software. We may collect information about the device and software you use to access the Service, including, for example, hardware, operating system, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, and network information.
- Log Information. When you interact with the Service, we collect server logs, which may include Personal Information including device IP address, access times, app features accessed, pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and referral link information.
- Location. If you permit the Service to access location services used by your device, we may collect the location of your device while you are using the Service.
- Communication Information. Personal Information sent by you to us through email or other communications methods, including messaging functionalities of the Service.
Other Personal Information
We may also receive Personal Information from other sources, including:
- Social Media. If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Service account with a social media service (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), or if you engage with a separate app or website that communicates with the Service, we may receive Personal Information about you or your connections from that service. In many cases you can control what Personal Information you share with us through privacy settings available on those third party social media services.
- Third Parties. If you interact with us in a capacity outside of the Service, including on any other platform or in person, we may combine or associate that information with Personal Information we have collected from you through the Service, as well as with pre-existing Personal Information or Personal Information we have collected from third party offline or online sources.
- Pre-Populated Personal Information. Pre-populated Personal Information is information that may include your name and email address, that you have given to a real estate professional with whom you have a pre-existing relationship. The professional may collect such pre-populated Personal Information from you with the sole purpose of pre-populating an account for the Service on your behalf and with your consent. You may choose not to finalize the creation of an account and may opt-out of all future communications from us by following the instructions in the account creation notification or by contacting us at the email address at the bottom of this page.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We may use the Personal Information collected as described above as follows:
Provide the Service. Provide, maintain, and improve the Service, including, for example, to send or facilitate communications among you, independent real estate professionals and their affiliated entities, and other users of the Service, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, and send updates and administrative messages.
- Analysis. Perform internal operations, including, for example, to troubleshoot bugs and operational issues, improve security; conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and monitor and analyze usage and activity.
- Communicate. Inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our family of companies, our franchisees and/or companies with which we have a marketing relationship, and to provide you a customer survey to assess your satisfaction with our services and products.
- Personalize. Personalize and improve the Service, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
HOW IS INFORMATION SHARED?
We may share the Personal Information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as otherwise described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
We may share your Personal Information:
- With third party or affiliate service providers that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes.
- To enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content and track the effectiveness of campaigns.
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- HOW DOES SOCIAL SHARING APPLY?
The Service may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you log in to the Service or share actions you take on the Service. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them. We do not receive or store passwords to your third party social media accounts in this context.
We use technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
We will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or as set out in our contracts with our franchisees, unless a longer retention period is required for our legitimate business purposes or permitted by a law that applies to us.
WHAT’S THE POLICY ON THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES?
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages.
The Service is not intended or directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information, or knowingly track the use of our Service, from children. If we have actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then we will take appropriate steps to try and delete such Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us.
Mailing address: 17266 Palisades Circle, Pacific Palisades 90272
Phone number: 310.459.7765